You want to post memes to Slack but who has time for that?
Time to automate this to avoid scrolling through your entire collection whenever it is time to post one!
What it looks like
itenium-be/slack-meme-poster : Install your own Slack Meme Bot now!
- A huge meme collection
That’s it, really!
Installation & Configuration
See README.md for step by step instructions.
git clone https://github.com/itenium-be/slack-meme-poster cd slack-meme-poster # Configure Slack webhook etc cp .env.sample .env # Schedule meme-posting! docker-compose up --build -d
- Location of your memes
chmod -R 755 memes_folder
- The Slack WebHook url (see below for instructions)
- Cron expression
- The default will post a meme once every friday
- Let the crontab.guru configure this for you
Slack WebHook Setup
Get yourself a Slack WebHook url, which looks like this:
Follow their official instructions:
- Create An App
- Features > Incoming Webhooks
- Activate Incoming Webhooks
- Add New Webhook to Workspace
- Copy the url!